Friday, January 18, 2008

I knew there was a reason I bought all that stuff for my compressor setup... 1 way valves are handy when the hoses blow off when everything gets super hot. Sure enough, teething problems. I went to use some air tools last night off it, and whilst it works awesome with heaps of pressure, running the small (compared to a 240v, 2hp one that comes on it) compressor flat out generated too much heat and the hose got soft and blew off at 80psi... Bummer. More hose clamps I guess!

That aside, packing in full effect for the first Epix departing tonight, and the bikes are ready to go!


Fridge is packed, everything seems to be in order, let the adventure begin eh! I'm sure/hoping that plenty goes wrong though for the ambulance chasers of the world to have something to read about!

And in some more blatant piracy from cycling news, everyone's favourite old school MTB'r (puhlease) is back on the dirt - racing the NUE series in the states, Floyd 'the roid' Landis... I guess we can expect more of this?!

Pic. Winny

1 comment:

JessD said...

Hi Ash...when you get back you will have to let me know how it went...must organise something similar for the female gender! We like getting away more than guys I reckon! Jess