Saturday, May 24, 2008

Hammer and nail?

There was a perceptive person out there that once noted that some days you're the hammer and some days you're the nail... After yesterday, I think I could correct that.

Some days you're the jackhammer


And some days you're the concrete rubble....



Yesterday I was totally the jack hammer, and today, I'd be lucky to be the aggregate in the concrete.... At work yesterday, we wailed away on some concrete with a petrol powered demolition saw...

... and put some cuts in some concrete. Hiring a jackhammer, we began to break up the concrete, but the jackhammer wasn't bit enough, so it was back to the hire place for the biggest one they had, and the next few hours were spent dragging that around and getting stuck in. Seriously heavy would be the best description of its weight, and by the end of it, I was getting thrown around. Buggered, your honour...

After work, I shook up some of my fabulous Ascend to try and get me through to hell ride in some form of sense, and it really worked. I actually bounced out of bed (as much as I've done in the past few years) and was reasonably good to go, although it was a bit chilly lurking around 0 deg with plenty of ice around.

Rolling out, there was a few little attacks as people just tried to get warm, and I was still involved in all the silliness at Mt Eliza, but coming back home, the wheels pretty well fell off. Come Carrum, I thought I was either riding with brakes rubbing, or the air was really thick, or my tires were flat, but it was just all over... Not even the engine light would come on, there was simply just no power getting exerted, and at Mordy I pulled the pin. Having needed to go to the toilet for the past hour was a convenient excuse and avoided a mess, but there was nothing else to do. Rolling home with the million other people was a formality, and even that was a battle.

Knacked, sir...

So that was that, but such a beautiful day out there!!!!! Photos weren't forthcoming as it just looked like every other summers day, and I was in the hurt locker. With some rest and recovery, we should be back good as gold eh! :) Just no more jackhammering for a few days...

And for your entertainment...

No comments: