Thursday, January 29, 2009

Everyone's been moaning about the heat, and well, fair enough. I thought I'd share some of my experiences over the last few days...

Airconditioning in my house had a rare problem. It got too hot and stopped working.... WTF?? Its aircondtioning, you use it when its hot!!!!!!? After a day of playing in and near a 70degree roof space, I then had the pleasure of sitting in my own ceiling for half the night testing things to do with the climate control. Solution - pull the panels off the condensor, keep hitting reset and spray endless water over the thing to get it to cool down...?! Bizarre...

How about firetrucks attending power lines that just snap in the middle for no good reason?

Or the late model BMW driving along the freeway that simply had a tread of its tire peel off, and the car continued to drive along on the sidewalls of the tire, driver oblivious to the rest of the motorists weaving around the tread which was doing 80kph along the freeway on its own.... I pulled alongside the BMW and explained to them they only really had 3 wheels - amusingly it took a few tries to get the message across!

What else? Spraying train lines with water to stop buckling...? What the hell do they do up north where its 40deg every damn day?? I hope they're using recycled water...

Thats it, its hot and not looking like its going to change any time soon. I like it tho.

2 comments:

Bails said...

Is that you quoted in the Age on the fire today?

http://www.theage.com.au/national/blaze-at-carlton-bookshop-road-closed-in-east-melbourne-20090130-7tph.html

Sounds lie your jinxed.....

Ash Thomas said...

nah, not me thankfully, although I'll be billing that guy for royalties...