Tuesday, October 16, 2007

After a false start last night, I managed a few hours tonight on the bike and wasn't it a treat.
Last night - knicks jersey no worries, 28 degrees.
Tonight - cyclone, 10 degrees....

Shite eh! I've never been blown across an entire lane on the road before tonight. Completely out of control on flat ground, sliding sideways across an entire lane, flat out trying to stay upright. That was insane!

Nuts!

And then I came home and put together my shiny new patio heater, an engagement gift from my riding mates! Thanks all, its wicked! Of course our other presents were ace too, but patio heaters, c'mon that rocks!! ;)

1 comment:

tjsr said...

Hah, yeah, the slightly greasy ground made it a tad more difficult too - coming along the bike path on the Yarra I was almost pushed off the gutter (by the wind) into the oncoming lane. It died down a bit after that though.

I've had to leave home a few mornings lately where it's been 6 degrees, but the same thing in the evening just feels so much colder.