Monday, October 01, 2007

Woah, its been a while...

I guess a lot has happened, so much so that I've not even had time to write this blog. Many of the things that we've done on weekends appear on the Felt Blog so you know to check over there too, but lets see, what about me...

Em and I went to Port Douglas


We got engaged, with a ring I designed, and she said yes thankfully.

The views whilst riding weren't too hard to deal with, and the 30 degree temps were more than a little pleasant!

Went out to the reef or Low Isles as its known near there, and saw whales on the way home.


And of course, we had to go see the crocs!

I did some riding in the mornings to get some form of legs for the Werribee 12 hour (Felt Blog for that one) - however Port Douglas is a crap place to ride road bikes. Singlelane highway, shared with tourists and trucks on the roughest surface I've ridden a roadie on...

So anyway, lovely trip, and back for the 12 hour. Then the 3 hour at Mildura, which is also on the Felt Blog, and in between all that, a whole lot of work!

And now, its back to it all, Scuba Steve is in full effect with some snazzy new pews and some half finished drawers in the back of him.




And that would bring you up to date I thinks! In the next few weekends, we'll be out on the bike (not up that stupid hill I hope) around the place preparing for the Mont in a few weeks, and keeping on top of ScubaSteve, figuratively speaking of course.

1 comment:

mattyvals said...

G'day Ash... Congrats on the engagement...!! You kept that pretty quiet at Tradie school. If your a bad boy and Em sends you to the dog-house,at least you know how to dig your way out without it caving in!! hehehe Cheers Matty