Friday, December 07, 2007


Well to the suprise of some regulars, I rocked down to the dirt crits last night, to watch the action. Some people still can't see that I'm really not racing much any more, and were still that bit suprised when I started the races for everyone. Now whilst being on the other side of the fence (so to speak) is a bit of a novelty, and some good laughs just for being something different, I can' see the idea taking off! Frankly, spectating is boring, especially after racing for a while. Still, this change thing may have something to it, so I'll persevere for a while... ;)

In notable moments throughout the course, Russell C lost a bet with Rich and I, and needs to pay up (he knows what I mean- bets are still valid even if you didn't shake), and also lost out to Mr Spink out on course in the big boys race. A few tired legs were going around this week, few moreso than Carson (BSC) who ragged it into the concrete metres from the start line. The tragedy was that he put a scratch onto the coolest paint job we've seen since Tinker's Klein Androit (anyone remember that??), I'd be crying!!



So that was the notable bits of the racing, with Snozza getting up over Nick in the little girls race as well, which made for quite a laugh for all of us, and lets face it - thats why we do this! Yesterday was also one of those stinking hot days, with little wind and plenty of people out working on their cancer for the first time this year. Looks like its going to be a hot one, bring it on says me!

No comments: