Sunday, December 21, 2008

Ascend bars - possibly a handy breakfast substitute when old mother hubbards cupboard was bare...!




So I got out for hell ride yesterday with Bellie. Whilst there was a good size bunch, even Phil 'Skippy' Anderson was spotted riding along the footpath for some strange reason, I though I was going ok...



Sadly things started to conspire against me. Sitting towards the back having a chat, we got split at the lights and had a bit of a chase to get back on. Somewhere in there, we hit 10/10ths and my body started to collapse at a rapid rate. I don't think the virus has quite finished with me... Do you remember that taste when you licked a 9V battery (c'mon, we've all done it once...), that was me for the next half hour, with a set of lungs seemingly the size of a thimble.

Done, your honour...



Turning at the top of Olivers, I rolled home with Sean Hurley, on his way to Werribee crits, perhaps a little lost?!

I don't think that hell ride with no breakfast after 6 weeks off was the best idea. But you have to try, don't you! This was the sum total of our fridge - flour, an egg, a few bits of bacon and some Ascend... Yum...





Sliders are almost done :)

2 comments:

Grover said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Grover said...

mmm, 9v battery. i couldn't quite place my finger on it today but now you mention it that's what i was tasting...elite dudes ride their mtbs quick yah.